Aims and Objectives
The aim of the programme is to provide a comprehensive grounding in the areas of arts and festival management, curating and production, performance and the study of festivity and of public art in society in a cross-cultural context. Students are provided with the opportunity to pursue and develop related individual interests in a supported context, drawing on the broad range of expertise available within the University of Limerick.
- provide students with a strong foundation in theoretical and methodological principles relevant to the study of festival.
- provide students with practical experience in the creative development of festival-based artistic programmes, events management, and festival-based performance.
- provide an integrated context for studying a variety of performance practices.
- provide students with the skills to engage in reflexive scholarship around their own practice.
- provide students with the skills to create audio, visual and written archival documentation around identified festivals.