The programme aims to provide students with professional teaching education, the necessary knowledge and capabilities for classroom teaching, fundamental educational theory, research skills and the ability to cope with the evolution of change.
- Students will engage in an educationally challenging programme of professional education which will contribute to their personal and intellectual development as professional teachers.
- Students will acquire the knowledge, range of capabilities, experiences and qualities that are required to enter the teaching profession.
- Students will acquire fundamental educational theory and ability to adapt specialist knowledge to the classroom.
- Students will develop the competence to plan courses which are responsive to the requirements of the teaching situation and participate in the improvement of education in the school.
- Students will acquire the capacity for professional growth during their teaching careers and cope with the evolution of change.