Ken Barrett Leisurewear – Postgraduate Scholarships
1.The Scholarships shall be known as the The Pádraig Mac Aodha Memorial Scholarships
2. The Scholarships shall have a value of €5000 and be tenable for ONE year.
3. The Scholarships shall be awarded annually to an existing or new University of Limerick student (studying MA IN Irish Traditional Dance Performance)
4. The selection criteria will be based on academic merit and evidence of dance excellence and suitability for the performance programme.
5. Application and Selection Procedures:
- Along with a completed C.V. of no more than four A4 pages in length, applicants should submit a supporting statement (maximum 300 words) which demonstrates their interest in Irish Dance and which outlines the reasons for selecting their chosen course of study. This should be submitted to the Irish World Academy, to Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date is the 5th of August 2016.
- The award of the Scholarship will be made based on academic results and/or recognised excellence in dance by a University Committee including representatives of the Irish World Academy of Music & Dance and a representative of Ken Barrett Leisurewear, the Committee acting on behalf of the Academic Council.
- The Scholarship will be recognised at an annual function organised in the autumn to promote scholarships throughout the University.
6. The Postgraduate Scholarships will be paid monthly over the course of the year (12 months) as per existing practices.
7. The successful applicant must be a full-time student, and either Irish citizen or permanent resident of the EU as defined by the regulations of the University Finance Office.
8. The Scholarship may not be held with any other bursary, scholarship or award subject to agreement between the University and the benefactor
9. The selection committee may refrain from making a recommendation if it finds no candidate of sufficient merit.
10. In exceptional circumstances a Scholarship may be shared.
11. With the consent of Ken Barrett Leisurewear the University may from time to time vary these regulations.
12. All funded research students are expected to sign a standard postgraduate University contract specifying the rights and obligations of each of the respective parties (i.e. the University, supervisor and student).