The Irish World Academy is offering 2 full research EU fee waivers to current PhD students. As part of the conditions of the fee waivers, successful applicants will provide editorial support towards the compilation and publication to deadline of the Irish World Academy’s biannual Comhaimseartha/ Of Our Times brochure.
Comhaimseartha/Of Our Times brochure is the Irish World Academy’s biannual publication detailing upcoming and recent events, special events, community cultural pathways, artists-in-residence and Academy research. It is published each semester and includes information on undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at the Academy.
- Collecting of information for Academy events each semester, including the Lunchtime Performance Series, Tower Seminar Series, Logos Seminar Series, Special Events, Recent Events, Community Cultural Pathways, Artists-in-Residence, Research at the Academy, Irish World Academy Ensembles, Scholarship and Award Recipients and Programmes at the Irish World Academy.
- Liaising with Academy faculty with regards to their booking submissions. This involves proof-reading each submission, gathering any omitted information, filing all associated images and ensuring that they are high enough resolution for print.
- Assisting with posting the e-brochure online and distribution on social media.
- Any other relevant duties appropriate to this publication.
Applicants will be accessed on the following criteria:
- Academic CV
- Cover letter outlining ability to fulfill the terms and conditions of the post, as well as financial need.
Successful applicants will report to the Performing Arts Coordinator, Irish World Academy of Music and Dance.
Deadline for applications: TBC
Queries and applications should be sent by email to: Jennifer.DeBrun@ul.ie