- This event has passed.
January 19, 2018 at 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
On January 19 2018, the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance will host Inbhear, a research event focused on publication and the dissemination of research for postgraduate and early career researchers in the arts and humanities.
Location: Theatre 1, Irish World Academy of Music and Dance.
The dissemination and publication of research is increasingly important for academic career development. The Inbhear research event will introduce participants to a number of key issues, and will also feature practical sessions on developing publications as part of research in process. This year, the keynote address will be given by Christabel Scaife, Senior Commissioning Editor (Ireland) from Peter Lang Publishing Group.
Please note that this programme is provisional and is subject to change.
10.00 – 10.10: Introduction
10.10 – 10.40 Keynote, Christabel Scaife, Peter Lang Publishing Group.
10.40 – 11.00 Q&A
11.00 – 11.15 Tea and coffee break, Academy foyer
11.15 – 13.15 Session 1
• 11.15 – 11.45 Dr. Hilary Moss (Irish World Academy of Music and Dance): Singing and Health project – preparing a report for stakeholders and media engagement, Q&A
• 11.45 – 12.15 Dr. Martin Power (Dept of Sociology): writing a book chapter for a thematic volume, Q&A
• 12.15 – 12.45 Dr. Jennifer Schweppe and Dr. Amanda Haynes (School of Law): research and national policy development – example of the ‘A Life Free From Fear: Legislation for Hate Crime in Ireland’ report and media engagement, Q&A
• 12.45 – 13.15 Lawrence Cleary (Regional Writing Centre): practical session on journal article writing – bring laptops if possible!, Q&A
13.30 – 15.00: Lunch served in the Pavilion restaurant from 13.30 (followed by an hour-long break to accommodate participation at the Irish Research Showcase in the Irish World Academy of Music and Dance foyer, 14.00-15.00).
Session 2: 15.00 – 17.00
• 15.00 – 15.30 Dr. Colin Quigley (Irish World Academy of Music and Dance): editing a volume of essays, Q&A
• 15.30 – 16.00 Dr. Jenny Roche (Irish World Academy of Music and Dance): dissemination of arts practice research, Q&A
• 16.00 – 16.30 Dr. Karol Mullaney-Dignam (Department of History): Attracting Irish Research Council funding, Q&A
• 16.30 – 17.00 Pattie Punch (Glucksman Library): how the library can support your publication process. Q&A.
Please register: www.eventbrite.ie/e/inbhear-2018-publishing-arts-humanities-and-social-sciences-research-tickets-41695475289